These pictures were taken three months before my father died.

My mother had an appointment that day and by then he was too ill to stay on his own for any length of time.

I took my camera along to document the day. One way to cope with the impending death of a loved one is to detach yourself from the grief as you care for them.

The camera proved to be an effective buffer.

8 thoughts on “Caregiver for a Day …

1. Marisa says:

Sharon, you captured your dad’s spirit even in the face of growing frailty. His smile is still there. These are important pictures that we don’t often see. It takes a lot of courage to capture these moments.

Thank you for your compassion and understanding throughout these past months, my dear friend. ❤️

2. Nanor Ashna Sinabian says:

Sharon, I am so happy our paths have crossed as I learn so much from you! I admire your approach in otherwise very sad situations. May your father’s soul rest in peace! I have no doubt about it seeing his smile in your photos.

3. Bonnie says:

Your poignant photo gallery of your Dad tells a story of a girl who loves her Father immensely. I used the term “girl”, as in the face of the imminent sadness that looms over you, knowing he will not be with you forever, we revert back to being daddy’s little girl. Child like enough to hope he stays forever, but unfortunately, adult enough to know differently. Peace to you my friend….xoxo

Thank you so much for your compassion and kindness, Bonnie. I know you have been through this same journey. It almost feels like he is still here. I think that is a good thing. ❤️

1. Bonnie says:

It’s a wonderful thing Sharon…keep him close to you by what ever means you can if it helps you.

4. Denise says:

Sharon, I love your pictures of daily life. Les photos du quotidien. They capture what life is all about, including of course, those during happy celebrations. What an extraordinary artist you are !
    Love the cat between the legs of the walker 😻

Merci beaucoup, chère Denise! 🙏😘

The World according to Dina

Notes on Seeing, Reading & Writing, Living & Loving in The North

ART WORLD BLOG

This is an Art Blog covering many topics to do with art, how to draw and paint tutorials, style, as well as creativity in general. We blog about art, photography, recommend related products and give our best SEO tips for artists and bloggers. We'd love to hear from you so get in touch if you want to start up a conversation or a collaboration!

Thoughts from a Fat Old Lady

This is the stuff this fat old lady thinks about

rOsalia Cerro

Sustainable Graphic Design Solutions • Solutions en graphisme durable

Changing On The Fly

A Podcast on Hockey & Politics

Grieving maman

Surviving the loss of my son

Books for Life

Here you will find information about all my books and about my crazy thoughts.

Silent Songs of Sonsnow

"I have enough time to rest, but I don't have a minute to waste". Come and catch me with your wise words and we will have some fun with our words of wisdom.

Family In the 2020s