When I announced to my husband today that my blog now had 37 followers, he congratulated me on having more followers than Jesus.

After wiping away the almond milk latte I had just snorted through my nose, I had to ask …

“Twelve disciples.”, he said with a grin. (I know, I know … but I’m not Christian and I forgot.)

Here’s the thing, I’m not one for collecting followers. I rather enjoy being unpopular. Please do not to invite me to your party; I won’t be insulted. That being said, I’m always pleasantly surprised (and in some cases flummoxed) when I get a new follower. I am wont to wonder why. Why would someone who writes a health and fitness blog follow a chubby blogger who finds it challenging to write anything that isn’t self-deprecation?

Don’t get me wrong, I am secretly thrilled, but also confused.

With gratitude, I bow to you, my cohort, all thirty-seven of you.

Thank-you. 🙏

This picture is supposed to symbolize my gratitude.

8 thoughts on “June 27th: Followers

1. Ian Hanchet says:

Very funny. Of course Jesus went viral. The Beatles had more followers than him anyway….

You said it, not me! Hahaha

2. micko1 says:

Get yourself prepared kiddo, after you put your blogs in a book, with my great cartoons, you will have zillions of followers!

But I don’t want zillions of followers!

3. Jean says:

no dear, thank you.

Jean, you are my most loyal follower. I appreciate that you not only read my silly entries but also take the time to comment. 😘

4. It’s because you are a wonderful writer and your self-deprecation is both amusing and insightful. In fact, yours is the only blog I subscribe to. So it’s 37 really smart subscribers.

Peter, I’m really touched. Thank you for choosing me. ❤️❤️❤️