I now have 10 followers on the WordPress version of my blog versus the 11 i boasted on Blogger (two of those followers were the same person). Confession: I am following myself, not because I am desperate to increase my stats but rather because I want to make sure each new blog entry is emailed to the others. Uhn huh.

The opposite of follower is leader. Honestly, I am more comfortable following than leading though I am sometimes in the latter position by default at the office (i.e. being the oldest person there and having survived several health care reforms).

In other news, I was up with the birds this morning. Actually, it was so early they were still sleeping under cover. Apparently a good night’s sleep discourages egg-laying so we try to keep the females covered at least 12 hours straight so that they get their beauty sleep and have less time to think about nesting.

I heard Limoncello, our Linnie, stirring under the covers first, her birdy oink-oinks letting me know she was awake. Between the oinks I heard what was clearly the faint whistle of the Addam’s Family theme. Now that’s definitely Eugene’s shtick (he copied famous social media cockatiel Pidgey after listening to me play it over and over again on instagram).

Linnies are known to whistle but not the females. Linnies also like to burrow which is what Limoncello “Chelly” is doing now between the two layers of newspaper flyer lining the bottom of her cage. Hope that’s not a sign of nesting!

Happy Sunday to the followers and leaders alike!

Namaste

7 thoughts on “Followers, Leaders & Whistlers

1. Ken Robertson says:

So, does this mean that you have to get a bald eagle and call it “Uncle Fester”? 🙂 I’m trying to figure out how to “follow” you on this blog. Perhaps by posting this and opening an account it will just happen.

Hi Ken! I think it’s easier if you have an account but I do have some followers who managed to sign up by email only. As far as I can see, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the blog page and hover over the bottom right corner where a little blue icon pops up that says follow.

Uncle Fester is a great name for a bird! What’s one more to add to our flock?

2. Ken Robertson says:

Ok, I figured it out. It sure wasn’t intuitive. :-/ I’m number 11! I go up to 11!

Cool! I’m actually up to 15! Only 885 to go to hit a thousand. 🙃

15! 50% jump in less than a week. Good for you Sharon.

17 now! I’m on a roll! Thank goodness those aren’t pounds I’m gaining. Thanks so much, David!

Wow….good for you.